So tonight I call to get a price on changing my Car insurance and go figure that I already have the cheapest insurance I can get but because I've put on a Intake and Exhaust they wont cover me. The rest is stereo and a DVD player for my son. Your telling me that the 20 to 50hp that that stuff makes on a 185hp (stock) engine make me ineligible for insurance through your company(s). Guess the $75 I'm paying now is well worth it even tho I might go up in 5 months to about $100 a month.
I mean just because people modify there car doesn't mean that its more likely stolen or there any worse of a driver. IT MEANS THEY WANT TO STAND OUT FROM EVERY OTHER CAR THAT LOOKS LIKE THEIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on its not like I'm going to the track every night and racing, and if I was don't you think I might have some speeding tickets on my record because of the fact that I live for speed.
We Mod or Modify our cars to make them a expression of ourselves do we not? I know for one that mine says that I like to live fast yet I know what is important in life when it really matters. Most cars that have been modded are young teenagers whose parents have paid for it all. Well I'm sick of being in that category I'M 29 almost 30 with 2 kids. Do the insurance company's really say "HMMMM HIS CAR IS MODIFIED HE MUST RACE IT HES A DANGER TO THIS COMPANY". Your answer.......
YES THEY DO!!!!